I’m sticking with the green theme! I was looking back at my recent recipes and noticed a bit of a green trend going on. Spring is in the air.
I don’t have any particular reason for my choice of recipe this week. I just fancied some watercress soup. This is a quick and easy recipe – you really do just bung it all in and boil.
Serves 4 – 6
Difficulty Very easy
Suitable for Vegetarian, Gluten Free and Vegan diets (if dairy free alternative to fromage frais is used)
- 250g watercress – no need to chop
- Two large handfuls of parsley, stocks included – no need to chop
- 2 large potatoes, diced
- 1 large celery stick – chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 750 ml – 1 litre vegetable stock (depending on how thick you like your soup) I made up a litre of stock using 3 Kallø very low salt organic vegetable cubes.
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Two tablespoons fromage frais or non-dairy alternative
- Put your stock in a pan and add your onion, garlic, celery, potato, watercress and parsley.
- Bring to the boil then simmer for 10 – 15 minutes ie until your potatoes are soft.
- Remove from the heat. Add your nutmeg plus salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir through your fromage frais or non-dairy alternative and serve.